"We are thrilled to become a signatory of Repak's Plastic Pledge," said Declan Breen, Group Sustainability Manager. "At ZEUS, we firmly believe in the power of collaboration and collective responsibility to address the global plastic waste challenge. By signing the plastics pledge, we are taking a proactive step towards promoting sustainable packaging solutions and creating a positive impact on our planet."
As a signatory of Repak's Plastic Pledge, ZEUS Packaging commits to various actionable measures that will drive positive change in its operations. These include:
- Prioritise the prevention of plastic packaging waste by minimising avoidable single use packaging and promoting packaging reuse where possible
- Supporting Ireland to deliver the Circular Economy Package plastic recycling targets of 50% of all plastics by 2025 and 55% of all plastic packaging by 2030, as set by the European Commission
- Reduce complexity within the plastic packaging supply chain by simplifying polymer usage and eliminating non-recyclable components in all plastic packaging by 2030.
- Help to build a circular economy for used plastic packaging in Ireland and Europe by increasing the use of plastic packaging with a recycled content.
- Ensure our approach to plastic packaging reduction is aligned to Ireland‘s goal of a 50% reduction in food waste by 2030 as set out in Ireland’s food waste charter.
ZEUS Packaging's decision to join Repak's Plastic Pledge represents a significant milestone in our sustainability journey. Our continued commitment to reducing plastic waste and promoting sustainable packaging solutions will undoubtedly contribute to a greener and more sustainable future for all.
Repak is Ireland's leading environmental not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to promoting and enabling the recycling and recovery of packaging waste. Through collaboration with businesses and stakeholders, Repak works towards building a circular economy and reducing the environmental impact of packaging waste in Ireland.